November 24, 2013
Posted by onomeister under Japan
| Tags: Battlestar Galactica
, Hiroyuki Sanada
, Ron Moore
, tv shows
Leave a Comment
Here’s hoping a Canadian broadcaster picks this up, or we’ll have to go online
Do you love Sci-fi??? Me too! You may want to check out the trailer below, and catch this new TV series on the Sy-fy channel coming out Friday Jan-10-2014 at 10:00pm. Scripted by Ron Moore of Battlestar Galactica, and produced by the people behind Lost and X-Files.
Sy-fy describes it as “an intense thriller” about a team of scientists from the Center for Disease Control. After being sent to the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak, they soon become entangled in a far more apocalyptic affair, facing “a terrifying life-and-death struggle that holds the key to mankind’s salvation or total annihilation.”
Japanese fans will know of Hiroyuki Sanada, who will be one of the stars. He’s in charge of the top-secret research.
Will you tune in to watch some scary black slime??
November 4, 2012
So why is everyone going bananas for Looper, starring Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt? Here are seven reasons:
- Yay! A time travel movie? I’m in!
- Bruce Willis sent back to be killed by his younger self (portrayed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt). Sounds cool!
- Wait, Gordon-Levitt is acting as a younger Willis? Yes, this movie is worth watching just to see how awesome Gordon-Levitt’s uncanny resemblance of Willis is. His like-mannerisms are freaky!!
- For a sci-fi action movie, Looper is beautiful to watch in terms of its cinematography.
- Try not to get carried away with debunking the time travel logic of the movie. Enjoy the film for what it is – entertainment.
- Actually it’s not about time travel; it’s about “longing, loneliness, and yearning for someone to love and be loved by”
- You will be moved, you will be talking about the movie afterwards, and you will want to watch it again.
Looper is rated R – not for kiddies.
August 4, 2012
Canadians! Sci-fi fans! Blu-ray collectors! I have three great sci-fi movies that are discounted currently on amazon.ca. Remember, these are “you snooze you lose” limited-supply deals. Do you like your sci-fi? Then, if you get all three, your shipping will be free, as your order will be over CAD$25.
- Super 8 (2011) on sale for CAD$9.99 – From J.J. Abrams and Steven Spielberg, this one has been said to be a tribute to classic Spielberg movies. A mixture of E.T., Jurassic Park and Cloverfield, this tale of youth, mystery and adventure has a nostalgic feeling like Goonies and Stand By Me. It’s nothing innovative but a fun ride. Rated PG-13 (IMDb rating 7.2/10, watch trailer).
- Moon(2009) on sale for CAD$9.99 – This critically acclaimed film is about a lonely inhabitant of an automated lunar mining base who longs to see his wife and child so much that it starts to get him mentally unstable. This is a must-see if you are a sci-fi fan. Rated R (IMDb rating 8.0/10, watch trailer).
- Equilibrium(2002) on sale for CAD$6.99 – Watch a young Christian Bale and Sean Bean in this sci-fi film in which the action sequences are very well-choreographed. The post-apocalyptic movie has been compared to the Matrix and George Orwell’s 1984. Rated R (IMDb rating 7.6/10, watch trailer).