OMG unbelievable deal of the year for a bundle of eight highly-rated PC games!! Only 5 days left (as of my post date: 06/09/2012), so hurry! If you’ve been following gaming, you’ll already know these critically-acclaimed games: Braid, Bastion, LIMBO, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery, Super Meat Boy, Psychonauts; but you also get Amnesia: The Dark Descent (A first-person horror game about living through a nightmare), and Lone Survivor (an intense side-scrolling psychological horror game).
**Keep in mind that you can pay any amount you wish to get four games, but only customers who pay more than the *average* price (currently listed on website as $8.29) will receive Bastion, Braid, Super Meat Boy, and Lone Survivor, as well as several music soundtracks of five of the games. System requirements are on the website.
This “Humble Indie Bundle” has been promoting new (and old) PC games made by indie developers for several years now. These games are sold and distributed online at a price determined by you, the customer. The games are DRM-free, and independently developed, and you decide how you want the revenue split between the developers, charities and humble bundle organizers. Worried if it’s legit? See their wiki page.
There have been nine of these bundle drives now and many have said this current Humble Bundle is the best one ever! If you love video games like me, you MUST own this bundle!
Here’s a quick review of each game, and further below is a video show showing clips from every game in the bundle (a few f-words by the reviewer, lol)
- Braid – This memorable and innovative side scrolling masterpiece has beautiful lush visuals and a feature that lets you rewind your last steps if you die, a very handy tool.
- Bastion – An isometric hack-and-slash role-playing game that has won many awards, highly regarded for its gorgeously colourful graphics, you’ll laugh at the deep-voiced narrator (voted for its outstanding music in 2011)
- LIMBO – A beautiful black & white puzzle adventure game that is simple but challenging in later levels, you’ll love the aesthetics and art style.
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP – Highly-rated when it came out on iOS devices, this simple and fun indie gem uses 8-bit pixel graphics beautifully and was nominated for its amazing and memorable music in 2011.
- Super Meat Boy – This pull-your-hair-out difficult platformer game will challenge you to the max. You will die a thousand deaths, but the adrenaline and excitement that you feel when you complete a level is just great.
- Psychonauts – One of those few games that make you laugh out loud, this game has sharp humour, bizarre characters and excellent production values.
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent – A first-person horror game about immersion, discovery and living through a nightmare – a very scary game!
- Lone Survivor – This chilling and disturbing survivor horror game has an irresistible atmosphere of spine-tingling dread.
Super Meat Boy
I might have to finally go buy myself a cheap PC game controller (especially for Super Meat Boy, and the other platformers).
Note: I do not make any kind of commission or credit for posting about this deal.