What an amazing action shot of a bald eagle hunting for a fish meal! Did you know that many eagles lay two eggs, but the older, larger chick frequently kills its younger sibling once it has hatched…
click to enlarge
Photo credit: CoolBreeze821 (cropped, ‘shopped saturation, contrast/brightness)
This is the amazingly beautiful fuchsia flower! What a colourful photo! Did you know that this flower was originally named after a German botanist Leonard Fuchs, whose name is pronounced ‘Fooks’. So we actually should be pronouncing fuchsia as ‘fooksia’, not “few-sha”.
click to enlarge
photo credit: Bonnie Dudley (no editing)
Hey people, have you noticed? The TV networks are trying very hard (again) to capture your valuable TV viewing time! Ugh, my PVR will be working overtime yet again! I love watching new shows that have a great premise (see my preview of last year’s new shows (click here). Out of the 24 new shows this fall, here are my recommendations of 2014-2015 TV season that you should sacrifice your valuable time to:
- Z Nation – ZOMG, watch the trailer now! No, it’s not a Walking Dead ripoff, really! A band of survivors try to transport a man who has been bitten eight times by zombies but remains alive. He is the only hope for a cure but has to be transported from New York to California (Fri Sep-12, 10:00pm, SyFy, see the awesome trailer) – onomeister says “MUST-SEE”
- Madam Secretary – Tea Leoni is the new Secretary of State who is a former CIA analyst that cannot be micro-managed by all the White House aides but does well to juggle her job and personal life (Sun Sep-21, 8:00pm, CBS, see trailer) – onomeister says “BORDERLINE”
- Gotham – Based in the early years before Batman, this is about pre-Commissioner Jim Gordon who is a detective fighting crime. He will also be crossing paths with the people who will eventually become Batman, Catwoman, the Riddler, Poison Ivy and the Penguin (Mon Sep-22, 8:00pm FOX, see trailer) – onomeister says “MUST-SEE”
- Scorpion – This is cool: A procedural based on a true story of a group of eccentric, poorly socialized geniuses who band together to fight high-tech criminals (Mon Sep-22, 9:00pm, CBS, see trailer) onomeister says “MAYBE A WINNER”
- Forever – A detective story of a medical examiner who has been around for over 200 years but keeps dying and coming back to life naked. Yes, naked (Mon Sep-22, 10:00pm, ABC, see trailer) onomeister says “BORDERLINE”
- Gracepoint – Doctor Who‘s David Tennant stars in this highly anticipated murder mystery mini-series (filmed in Victoria, BC!) and features 2 Oscar-nominated actors Nick Nolte and Jackie Weaver as well as Emmy winner Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad) (Oct-2, 9:00pm FOX, see trailer) onomeister says “MAYBE A WINNER”
- Star Wars Rebels – Did you know that the Rebels team is in close contact with Abrams’ Episode VII crew? Meaning that this animated show could provide a sneak peek at the future Star Wars films! The premise is a sidestory revolving around the events that lead up to Star Wars IV: A New Hope where Darth Vader assigns the “Inquisitor” to hunt down the last remaining Jedi (Features the original voices of “Lando” – Billy Dee Williams and “C-3PO” – Anthony Daniels) (Fri Oct-03, 9:00pm, Disney X.D, see trailer) onomeister says “MUST-SEE”
- The Flash – A spinoff from The Arrow, based on the DC comic, the pilot has already been highly touted as the season’s best new drama. Wow! (Tue Oct-07, 8:00pm, CW, see trailer) onomeister says “MAYBE A WINNER”
- Constantine – Inspired by the DC comic book, the hero is fighting to save the world from demons and rescue his own lost soul from a hellish homeland (Fri Oct-24, 10:00pm, NBC, see trailer) onomeister says “BORDERLINE”
- State of Affairs – After a four year absence from TV, Emmy award winner Katherine Heigl returns as a CIA briefer for a black female president in this spy-drama (Mon Nov-17, 10:00pm, NBC, see trailer) onomeister says “BORDERLINE”
- Ascension – Wow, this trailer is amazing! Slated as a 6-hour miniseries, this sci-fi is about a 1963 covert space mission sending hundreds of men, women and children on a century-long voyage aboard a starship to populate a new world (stars Battlestar Galactica‘s Tricia Helfer, ie. “Six”) (Nov-24, 9:00pm, SyFy, see trailer) onomeister says “MAYBE A WINNER”
- Fresh Off the Boat – It’s the ’90s and 12 year old, hip-hop loving Eddie just moved to suburban Orlando from DC’s Chinatown with his Asian parents. It’s culture shock for his immigrant family in this sitcom about pursuing the American Dream. This is the first network sitcom in 20 years to feature an Asian American family (2015, ABC, see trailer) onomeister says “MAYBE A WINNER” (but a “MUST-SEE” if you’re Asian like me!)
- Wayward Pines – A mystery drama with 4 Oscar-nominated actors: Matt Dillon, Juliette Lewis and Terrence Howard, and Oscar-winner Melissa Leo, it feels like Twin Peaks, but different. The trailer is very intriguing! (2015, FOX, see trailer) onomeister says “MAYBE A WINNER”)
- Agent Carter – Set in the Marvel comic world of Captain America in the 1940’s, Agent Peggy Carter is trying to balance administrative work with going on secret missions for Howard Stark (Iron Man’s father) in the wake of losing her love, Steve Rogers, aka Captain America (2015, ABC, see trailer) onomeister says “BORDERLINE”)
onomeister’s 2013-2014 sophmore Must-sees: The Blacklist 9/22, Brooklyn Nine-Nine 9/28, Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD 9/23, MasterChef Junior 11/07.
Other airing Must-sees: Person of Interest, Arrow, Walking Dead, The Last Ship, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Game of Thrones, Parks & Recreation, Modern Family, Grey’s Anatomy, Big Bang Theory, Once Upon A Time, Boardwalk Empire, House of Cards, Vikings, Fargo, Helix.
So many awesome shows, so little time…
So love this! Anyone know if this can be considered a fractal pattern? Or just a kaleidoscope pattern? Very cool photo-editing nonetheless by Michel Mastriani!
click to enlarge
photo credit: Michel Mastriani (no editing)